How To Charge a 9 volt Battery
Some 9 volt batteries can be recharged, while some are not rechargeable.
The rechargeable 9-volt box battery type is the following type
- NiMh (Nickel Manganese Hybrid)
- LiPo (Lithium Polymer)
- NiCd (Nickel Cadmium)
The following types of batteries cannot be refilled:
- The manganese
An easy way to recharge is to use a standard charger that has been specifically designed for rechargeable batteries.
Here is an example of the CHCC-EU battery charger of Energizer, which has been completed with connectors for the 9-volt box battery. So just connect the battery box to the connector, connect it to the electric mesh, and just wait until the battery is finished refilled. This CHCC-EU Charger can only charge the battery of the NiMH, so if you want to fill in another type must look for another charger.
Another way is to use a versatile charger, such as IMAX-B6AC. Charging with this charger is a little bit troublesome, because we must connect the cable wire to the correct pole on the battery, and also setting the correct battery type on the charger. Must carefully read the manual. However, this charger is able to fill all kinds of batteries, such as Pb (lead acid) for motorcycle/car, NiMh, LiPo.
- Connect the Red charger cable to the battery positive pole (+)
- Connect the black Charger cable to the negative polar battery (-). Connection can use the alligator clamp that has been provided from the charger, can also use a 9-volt box battery connector.
- Set the battery type, adjust to the type of battery used
- Set the number of cells in the battery.